Friday, October 3, 2008

Jackson 20: A new favorite in Old Town

Lately, Sue has been enjoying the restaurant Jackson 20 on King Street. After I decided our family should try out the new restaurant in the Monaco Hotel a few months ago, it has become one of my mom's favorite places to dine for lunch in Old Town. (In case some of you didn't know, Sue is not only my employer, but also my mom). Just last week she ate there twice with two different friends, both of whom enjoyed the restaurant as well. She suggests the fried chicken salad while I recommend the macaroni and cheese. It's unlike any mac and cheese I've ever had before! While the food is great, I also love the decor. To me, it has the feel of a southern or western restaurant--but with a style that could be found in New York City. Do yourselves a favor and try it out-both for the experience and the food! It's located on King Street just a few blocks up from the Potomac River so before or after you dine you can meander down the waterfront or stop into the many shops Old Town has to offer.

No comments: